- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth; set aside. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute apple and onion until apple is crisp-tender. Stir in the broth mixture, apple juice, mustard and thyme; bring to a boil. Add pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce: 224 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.