Apple Pork Chops for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth; set aside. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute apple and onion until apple is crisp-tender. Stir in the broth mixture, apple juice, mustard and thyme; bring to a boil. Add pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce: 224 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2015
Oh my gosh, this is my new favorite recipe for pork!! The flavor is outstanding. Served it with sage stuffing and the two complimented each other well!!
Apr 9, 2014
I used butter instead of oil, wine instead of apple juice and 1 t of fresh thyme. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. I served it with asparagus and a garlic butter rice. I used a gala apple also . It's a great recipe for 2 .
Aug 13, 2013
Very flavorful just right for two
Feb 8, 2013
awesome, great flavors.
Oct 7, 2012
My kids loved it.