- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 small tart green apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1-1/2 cups crushed chicken stuffing mix
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a skillet, brown meat in oil for about 5 minutes on each side. In a saucepan, combine the water, butter, apple and raisins; bring to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with meat. Spoon soup over meat and stuffing. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into pork chops reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forApple Pork Chop Casserole
"Using the recommended cooking time, these chops came out pretty tough. However, I used pork chops with bones, so that may have contributed to the cooking time error. All in all, this was one of the few recipes my family requested me NOT to make again."