Apple Pie Puff Pancake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Dash salt
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple or peach pie filling
- Toasted walnuts, optional
- Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet. Place in a 425° oven just until melted. In a large bowl, beat the flour, eggs, milk and salt until smooth. Leaving 1 tablespoon melted butter in the skillet. Stir the remaining butter into the batter.
- Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, warm pie filling over low heat until heated through. Pour into center of puff pancake. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 510 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 262mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Apr 27, 2014
I was nervous about this recipe. I followed the recipe with the exception of the cast iron skillet. I used a 9x9 baking dish instead. To my delight it turned out great and my husband liked it.:)
Nov 3, 2012
I made this recipe and it was a dense blob but I liked the filling though.
Sep 25, 2011
I really liked this recipe. I used a cast iron skillet to bake it.
May 10, 2011
Made for a mothers day brunch. My family loves apple pancakes I have been making for years, a Martha stewert recipe. Any way I thought I would make one of each and see which one was liked the best. This one came out on top. It is much easier to make. I did add some Penzy's apple pie spice. I also sprinkled some toffee bits in place of nuts.grandson graves the last piece of this one saying "papa this was the best brunch ever"
Jul 1, 2010
This was exally what was looking for so easy and memorable. Had grandsons help make for Mommy's Birthday Breakfast. We had so much fun and will definatley put into use over and over. Was light and all was thinking would want to remember. Boys are 3 & 5 and will always remember the fun we had and the surprise it created.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.