This caramel corn recipe comes from my husband's family. It's our go-to treat, particularly since the apple pie spice makes it so different. It's fun to give as a present, too. —Kezia (Kay) Whitteker, Hyde Park, Utah
Recommended: 50 Pumpkin Patch Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 250°. Place popcorn in a greased shallow roasting pan. In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook, without stirring, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Quickly pour over popcorn and mix well. Bake 1 hour or until dry, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove to waxed paper to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and pie spice. In a microwave, melt white baking chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer cooled caramel corn to a large bowl; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar mixture and toss to coat. Drizzle with melted chocolate; toss to coat. Return to waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 4 quarts.
Originally published as Apple Pie Popcorn in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p236