Apple-Pie Ice Cream Pie
If you serve more than one type of pie at Thanksgiving, you're likely to have leftovers. Turn what's left into a gourmet dessert for the day after. This recipe also works with leftover pumpkin or blueberry pie. Omit the caramel if you use blueberry. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups coarsely chopped apple pie (about half of an 8-inch pie)
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle 1/3 cup caramel topping over crust. Layer with 1 cup pie pieces and 2 cup ice cream. Repeat layers. Drizzle with remaining topping. Freeze, covered, until firm, about 3 hours.
Originally published as Apple-Pie Ice Cream Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016