If you serve more than one type of pie at Thanksgiving, you're likely to have leftovers. Turn what's left into a gourmet dessert for the day after. This recipe also works with leftover pumpkin or blueberry pie. Omit the caramel if you use blueberry. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups coarsely chopped apple pie (about half of an 8-inch pie)
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle 1/3 cup caramel topping over crust. Layer with 1 cup pie pieces and 2 cup ice cream. Repeat layers. Drizzle with remaining topping. Freeze, covered, until firm, about 3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Pie Ice Cream Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p116