- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, flour and salt; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir about 1 cup hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until the mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; set the pan in ice and stir the mixture for 5-10 minutes. Whisk in cream until blended. Add pie filling, vanilla and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews forApple Pie Ice Cream
"This is my favorite homemade ice cream recipe ever. I make this at least once a month!"