Apple Pie Crumble
Brown sugar-cinnamon toaster pastries lend scrumptious flavor to this crumble. “For a change of pace, try peach or blueberry pie filling instead of apple,” Michelle Kenney recommends from Sabina, Ohio.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 brown sugar-cinnamon toaster pastries, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine toaster pastries and butter; sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 273 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Apple Crumble in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006
Nov 12, 2014
Very good, easy to make with ingredients you might already have in your pantry.i think it would also be good with peach pie filling.
Oct 19, 2010
my kids love this!