These cute bundles taste like an apple pie but without all of the work—no fork needed! The ingredients in this recipe can easily be doubled for when you're expecting a crowd. —Amy Wood, Wichita, Kansas
Recommended: 30 Dessert Recipes for Raisin Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons apple butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- In small bowl, combine the apples, apple butter, sugar, apple pie spice and cinnamon.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to a 12-in. circle. Cut out 18 circles with a floured 3-in. round cutter, rerolling scraps if necessary. Press pastry onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Spoon filling into each cup. Bring pastry edges over filling and twist; pinch seams to seal. Brush tops with butter.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and enough water to achieve a drizzling consistency. Spoon over bundles. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Pie Bundles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p123