Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes1 apple person
- 1 large marshmallow
- 1 Red or Golden Delicious apple
- 2 ropes black or red licorice
- Liquid yellow food coloring
- 2 teaspoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla frosting
- 2 miniature chocolate chips
- 1 maraschino cherry
- For head, secure marshmallow to apple with a toothpick. Cut licorice into two 1-1/2-in.-long pieces for arms and two 3-in.-long pieces for legs (save remaining licorice for another use). Secure arms and legs to apple with toothpick halves. For hair, combine 2 drops yellow food coloring and 3 drops water in a small resealable bag. Add coconut; toss to coat.
- Spread a small amount of frosting on top of marshmallow. Press coconut hair in place. Dip chocolate chips in frosting; insert into marshmallow for eyes. Cut a wedge of cherry into a smile; dip in frosting and place on marshmallow.
Oct 11, 2012
I work in a daycare and we did this for an apple project in September. The kids loved making them and taking them home to eat. I loved this recipe because the kids could do it themselves except for the toothpicks. I loved the look on their faces when it came together. They were showing everyone.
Jun 11, 2012
My kids had a ball making these and the clean up process was awesome nothing but a few flake!