Apple-Pecan Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Place pork in a large resealable plastic bag; add apple cider and 1 teaspoon salt. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spread pecans on a plate. Drain pork, discarding marinade. In a small bowl, mix honey and mustard; rub over pork. Roll pork in pecans, patting to help nuts adhere.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Season with salt to taste.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork: 285 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Oct 22, 2017
I would give this five stars for ease of preparation. I marinated the pork loin in apple juice longer than recommended in the instructions and it didn't seem to increase the flavor; not sure whether or not apple cider would have been a better choice. I baked the loin about 10 minutes longer than instructed, until the pecans were golden brown. My chief taste inspector (husband) said that the crust tasted great but the flavor didn't seep into the pork loin itself. His critique: "Meh...OK but not spectacular." He said he'd eat it again but would probably not request that I make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.