Apple Pecan Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in milk, egg yolks and vanilla. Add apples and pecans. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the batter. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot greased griddle or skillet. Turn when bubbles begin to form and the edges are golden. Cook until the second side is golden.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 323 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 556mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 23, 2016
I've made this recipe many times over the years. My family loves them!! I've managed to misplace my hard copy so am really happy to find this here. :)
Aug 6, 2013
I made these years ago and loved them. My kids loved them and Even my picky husband liked them. I keep meaning to make them again.
Jun 20, 2011
Texture was good - very light, not heavy.
May 8, 2011
I didn't see any cloves in the recipe.
Oct 10, 2010
Made these twice and they are a good pancake. We decreased the cloves a bit.