Apple-Pecan Gingerbread Cobbler
My favorite cobbler recipe is a scrumptious blend of gingerbread and apples. It’s easy to make and perfect when topped with ice cream. —Lois Hendrix, Redondo Beach, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup cold butter, divided
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix, divided
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cinnamon ice cream or ice cream of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, combine pie filling and 1/4 cup butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 cups cake mix and water; spoon over pie filling. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and remaining cake mix; cut in remaining butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 367 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Apple-Gingerbread Cobbler in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015