This is a very easy, quick and delicious brunch item. When they taste the nutty apple pie filling tucked inside the creamy vanilla sauce draped over the tender crepes, everyone "oohs" and "aahs" between bites. Prepare a big batch—people tend to go back for seconds and even thirds!
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 prepared crepes (7 inches each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine pie filling, pecans and cinnamon. Spread 2 rounded tablespoonfuls down the center of each crepe; roll up tightly.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 10-14 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine egg, cream, sugar and extracts. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 3-1/2 to
- 4-1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring after each minute. Cool. Serve with crepes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Pecan Crepes in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p27
Reviews forApple Pecan Crepes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review