Apple Pecan Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- APPLE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 medium Granny Smith or tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine crust ingredients; press into the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate.
- For topping, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a Dutch oven; stir in lemon juice. Add apples. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or just until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Cool to room temperature. Set aside 3 tablespoons for filling; refrigerate remaining topping until serving.
- Combine the cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl; mix until well blended. Add reserved topping; mix well. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Turn oven off, but leave cheesecake in oven with door ajar for 1 hour. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, top with apple topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 358 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 8, 2013
About the 3T of topping reserved - READ THE RECIPE. It says to put it in the filling!
Oct 8, 2012
Made this with the apples we got apple picking over the weekend, what a perfect recipe to jump start fall
Oct 13, 2010
Superb mix of flavours with tart apples. I didn't know what to do with the reserved topping, it looked good anyway.
Nov 24, 2009
I have made this cheesecake many times and it's never failed to impress. The taste is incredible. Northern Spy apples also work well in this recipe.
Apr 26, 2008
What is the 3 TBSP of topping reserved for? The topping that is refrigerated is added to the cheesecake at serving time, right?