- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- APPLE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash nutmeg
- 6 Granny Smith or baking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Apple Topping
- For crust, combine all ingredients and press into bottom and 1-1/2-in. up sides of 9-in. springform pan; refrigerate. For topping, place sugar, lemon juice, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in Dutch oven; mix well. Add apples. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 15 minutes or just until apples are tender. Gently stir as needed. Remove from heat; carefully stir in pecans. Cool to room temperature. Set aside 3 tablespoons of topping; refrigerate the rest. For filling, mix cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Add 3 tablespoons reserved Apple Topping and mix well. Pour filling into prepared crust. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Turn oven off, but leave cheesecake in oven with door propped open for another 60 minutes. Cool cake to room temperature. Chill at least 4 hours. Top with Apple Topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forApple Pecan Cheesecake
"About the 3T of topping reserved - READ THE RECIPE. It says to put it in the filling!"
"Made this with the apples we got apple picking over the weekend, what a perfect recipe to jump start fall"
"Superb mix of flavours with tart apples. I didn't know what to do with the reserved topping, it looked good anyway."
"I have made this cheesecake many times and it's never failed to impress. The taste is incredible. Northern Spy apples also work well in this recipe."
"What is the 3 TBSP of topping reserved for? The topping that is refrigerated is added to the cheesecake at serving time, right?"