- 4 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 4 cups finely chopped peeled ripe pears
- 3 clementines, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 packages (1-3/4 ounces each) powdered fruit pectin
- 6 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, bring apples, pears, clementines and lemon juice to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until fruit is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar and cinnamon; return to bring to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Stir in walnuts. Ladle hot mixture into eight hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
2 tablespoons: 95 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 22g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.