- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups finely chopped tart apples (about 2 large)
- 1 medium ripe pear, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup quartered seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Spritz both sides of tortillas with cooking spray; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Spread in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes, rotating pans as needed.
- Place salsa ingredients in a large bowl; toss to combine. Serve with chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forApple Pear Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
"I didn't make the chips because of my low carb diet. The apple pear salsa was great. Next time I will add another pear to balance the flavors a tad more. I also added a bit of lemon juice."
"Didn't like this as much as I thought I would. The flavor was not that great and the chips were rather bland. Might try again but make some changes (add more grapes, add more juice/orange peel, add more pears, a little less apple, and add a little lemon juice to help preserve the color of the apples and pears; and add more sugar/cinnamon to the chips)"
"I make this every year for my Super Bowl "feast". Everyone loves it! (Although, I don't put in the celery.)"
"Too much orange flavor in this one. It was OK."