Apple Pear Cake Recipe
- 2 cups shredded peeled tart apple
- 2 cups shredded peeled pears
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine dry ingredients; stir into the fruit mixture.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' and butter until smooth. Beat in the milk and vanilla; frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 613 calories, 30g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Apple Pear Cake
"This cake is moist and absolutely delicious. I do not eat raisins, substituted dried cranberries. Was perfect. Recipe was a lot for the two of us, so I froze most of it. Froze nicely."
"Super moist and I added dates ( 1/2 cup) while cutting the pears to 1 1/2 cups to mine. I made the frosting without the cream cheese ( I didn't have any) and it was delicious. Everyone loved it!"
"Family loved it, very moist and the pears are subtle flavour."
"This is great--very rich, but tasted delicious with all the wonderful fruits & nuts. A cake like this, I prefer just to dust the top with powdered sugar."