- 2 cups shredded peeled apples
- 2 cups shredded peeled pears
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine dry ingredients; stir into the fruit mixture. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Add sugar, milk and vanilla; mix well. Spread over cooled cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forApple Pear Cake
"Can you make this with cupcakes?"
"This cake is moist and absolutely delicious. I do not eat raisins, substituted dried cranberries. Was perfect. Recipe was a lot for the two of us, so I froze most of it. Froze nicely."
"Super moist and I added dates ( 1/2 cup) while cutting the pears to 1 1/2 cups to mine. I made the frosting without the cream cheese ( I didn't have any) and it was delicious. Everyone loved it!"
"Family loved it, very moist and the pears are subtle flavour."
"This is great--very rich, but tasted delicious with all the wonderful fruits & nuts. A cake like this, I prefer just to dust the top with powdered sugar."