Apple Peanut Spinach Salad
From Ali Lowell, this memorable medley is treated to a delicious curry dressing. "My mom and I have been tossing together this salad for years," she writes from Winchester, Massachusetts.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chutney
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, apple, raisins and peanuts. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 205 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Oct 12, 2011
I ALWAYS make this salad when I am asked to bring something. It is the best & impresses everyone!
Nov 18, 2010
I make this ALL the time! I LOVE it & everywhere I take it I get raves!