- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup grated peeled apple
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in apple. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forApple Peanut Butter Cookies
"My 3 year old grandson summed it up in one word "delicious"."
"Used butter instead of shortening. Diced the apples and doubled the amount. Thought the cookie was too sweet and not enough apple flavor so I made a glaze with an apple cider reduction (high quality because the flavor will be concentrated).Excellent! Balanced the sweetness, added more apple flavor and texture."
"I wouldn't make these again and actually threw out the dough that I had frozen. The flavor was ok but the cake consistency was terrible. Perhaps if they were made with butter instead of shortening they might be better."
"delicious and different"
"Very good,soft cookie!"
"easy to make and very tasty. Made per the recipe but doubled the grated apple. They came out moist and soft."
"These were really easy and I liked the addition of the grated apple in them that gave it a unique flavor."