- 2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tart apple, peeled and grated
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine egg substitute, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients. Fold in apple. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot skillet coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forApple Pancakes
"I have not made this recipe, but I will. I don't use biscuit mix of any kind. I have a fantastic hot cake recipe I would use, and add the cinnamon and vanilla, and the grated apples. Maybe some apple pie spice would be very good also. I have also added grated potatoes to my pancake batter for a different recipe and taste."
"Me and my college friends love these! We cooked them on a griddle and they turned out very well. We don't use any substitutes either, but we're college kids. Thanks for the great recipe!"
"me again- rate was 5 stars,but there are no stars to rate with :D ha"
"we didn't grate apple probably will next time. o and we did it the fattening way, no subs, REAL STUFF like eggs and sugar yummmmy:)"
"Very tasty. Thank you for sharing! Here's a tip for the folks that do not like Busquick, check with your local University Extension Office. I know ours has a wonderful recipe for a homemade baking mix that doesn't contain all the additives & preservatives and is economical. Or you can look up Missouri's online at www.extension.missouri.edu and when the page opens type in the search box "Missouri Mix". Best wishes."
"Instead of using the reduced-fat mis you can use a Whole Wheat- Glutin Free Mix."
"Great flavor, delicious. I think next time I would try using a little more milk as the batter was quite thick. My husband & I loved them."
"I don't use Bisquick because the ingredients are too unhealthy - I watch the ingredients before I buy anyhing - I try to use everything that has naural ingredients in it."
"A great way to add fruit to a breakfast !"