VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 ounces miniature smoked sausage links
- 1 small apple, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in apple jelly and brown sugar; add sausage links. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Add apple.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve warm. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Sausage Appetizers in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p47
Reviews forApple Onion Sausage Appetizers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2012
"This recipe is great for a main course too! I didn't have any apple jelly on hand so I just used raspberry jelly. It added a nice extra flavor."