Apple Onion Sausage Appetizers
This appetizer is both sweet and savory. The apples add freshness to the heavier sausage dish.—Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 ounces miniature smoked sausage links
- 1 small apple, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in apple jelly and brown sugar; add sausage links. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Add apple.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 258 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Apple Sausage Appetizers in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.