Apple Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir in the applesauce, apple and raisins. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 each: 57 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Apple Oatmeal Cookies
"I feel as though I wasted time and money to make these unless I REALLY missed something in the process. The picture looked really inviting but didn't turn out that way for me."
"I just made these cookies and I must say they are scrumptious! My picky 3 year old came back begging for more cookies! These cookies makes feel less guilty for eating and giving them to my son since it has apples, oatmeal, raisins, and apple sauce in it."
"My husband who usually passes on cookies, went back for more! The only thing different I did was to use Butter Pecan cake mix. Adding chopped nuts in the future may be another option."
"I've made several versions of cake mix cookies, and we always enjoy them. No major changes to this one, except that I omitted the raisins because I didn't have any on hand. They'd be great with Spice cake mix and Craisins. They are good as is, but we took them over the top by sandwiching two of them together with some store bought cream cheese frosting that I added some cinnamon to."
"I made these and they were great. My husband loved them and these were keepers. I also made a batch with pineapple upside down mix with the zest of one orange. They were marvelous!"
"Yummy--so soft and moist!"
"made 1 batch and my family liked so much that I made another to take to our sr. hal. party next thurs. definitely a keeper. really easy to make. mixed by hand even tho arthritis in hands bad."
"Fair at best..."
"good cookie, very moist, but I think I will add pecans the next time I make them."
"Just finished making these. They are just OK. They never flattened out like the picture."