Apple-Oat Breakfast Treats
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups apple pie filling
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 6 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten into 3-in. circles. Make a slight indentation in the center of each; top with a rounded tablespoonful of pie filling. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 354 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 29, 2016
I pressed the oatmeal mixture into a oblong baking dish, put the apple pie filling on top and baked it. Very good breakfast bar-not too sweet. Goes great with a cup of tea. Thanks for this great recipe!
Aug 11, 2011
I found this recipe when I had some extra apple pie filling to use up. These are a great cookie and they are so big that they would make a great breakfast for my kiddos. I will make this again and maybe try different flavors of pie filling or jam. The apple is wonderful but there are so many other delicious possibilites!!!