- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 3 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a bowl, combine oil, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Add apple and onion; toss to coat. Add lettuce, walnuts and blue cheese; toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forApple-Nut Tossed Salad
"This is a simple and delicious salad. I've served this many times and it gets great reviews every time."