Apple Nut Crunch
This old family recipe smells wonderful as it bakes in the oven. And its taste is even more terrific than its aroma.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups ice cream
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and cinnamon; add to egg and beat until smooth. Fold in apple, nuts and vanilla. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 203 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Apple Nut Crunch in Taste of Home October/November 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.