Apple Nut Crunch
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups ice cream
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and cinnamon; add to egg and beat until smooth. Fold in apple, nuts and vanilla. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 203 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 25, 2019
Made this tonight and came out to less than 1/2" thick! Was done in 20 minutes. The taste was good, but far from looking like the picture. Might make a good crust for an ice cream sandwich.
Aug 28, 2009
Making my first trip of the season to the local apple orchard tomorrow! I will definitely be trying this recipe.