- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups diced peeled apples
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and egg. Stir together dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture (batter will be very thick). Stir in the apples, nuts and vanilla. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream or ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forApple Nut Cake
"This is a great recipe and very easy to make. Love it!"
"Fabulous recipe. Would make it again any time. It's good hot, cold, with nothing or anything on top! Sprinkle a little cinn/sugar on top to get a crispy sweet crust. Very moist. My entire office loved it. A keeper for years to come."
"nice crunchy top and really moist inside. my husband could not stop eating it, after taking it to a potluck and it was a hit!"
"Almost tastes like bread pudding"
"I used icing from my regular apple cake recipe to frost this so it wouldn't be so dry. My guests liked it, but I'll stick with my reg. recipe."
"would it work if you used whole wheat flour in this recipe?"
"The only recipe I will use now. Just perfect. Very moist, quick and a great taste. Kept it in for 45 minutes."