- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups chopped unpeeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites, sugar and vanilla for about 1-1/2 minutes. Add flour and baking powder; whisk for 1 minute. Fold in the apples and pecans.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the bars test done. Cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forApple Nut Bars
"I wish that when giving the nutritional value that it would also be offered with using Splenda as a replacement for the sugar. That being said, I made these using Splenda which, because I find sweeter than sugar, I reduced to 1/2 cup. These were quite good and worth a repeat. Next time I will double the recipe as I didn't get the yield stated."
"My family loved these they where gone by the next day! Very easy and fast to make also!"
"These were ok,, but got almost soggy after one day. Taste was good, but texture was a bit off."
"the squares are very soft, more like a baked oatmeal than a "bar". Not sure what I expected, but it wasn't very satisfying."
"Very good and easy to make. Great with vanilla ice cream on top! I suggest adding a little cinnamon though."