Apple ‘n’ Pepper Saute
This colorful side dish blends apple slices, red onion rings and sweet pepper strips in a light soy sauce and herb glaze. This crisp-tender toss is from Emily Guidry of Breaux Bridge, Louisiana.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 medium sweet peppers, julienned
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Saute the peppers, onion and apple in oil in a large nonstick skillet until crisp-tender. Stir in the soy sauce, garlic, rosemary and basil. Cook and stir until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 83 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Apple 'n' Pepper Saute in Taste of Home December/January 2003