Apple ‘n’ Pepper Saute
This colorful side dish blends apple slices, red onion rings and sweet pepper strips in a light soy sauce and herb glaze. This crisp-tender toss is from Emily Guidry of Breaux Bridge, Louisiana.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 medium sweet peppers, julienned
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Saute the peppers, onion and apple in oil in a large nonstick skillet until crisp-tender. Stir in the soy sauce, garlic, rosemary and basil. Cook and stir until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 83 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Apple 'n' Pepper Saute in Taste of Home December/January 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.