Apple ‘n’ Beef Bean Bake
Slightly sweet apples blend beautifully with savory ground beef and baked beans. You can easily double the recipe for a potluck.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans
- 3 medium tart apples, diced
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 235 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Apple 'n' Beef Bean Bake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips