- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add apples, brown sugar and mustard to same pan; toss to combine. Cook, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir in chicken; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forApple-Mustard Chicken Tenders
"A great, simple and delicious recipe for any night of the week! We LOVE the apple-mustard combo. We served with roasted veggies and it was perfect. This would also be good with pork chops!"
"This is really good. I will be making this again. My mom who is a very picky eater would not even look up from her plate until she was done, then said 'Very Good!' It is sweet but not overly. I didn't have tenders so used legs and thighs cooked them through before finishing with the sauce and apples. Next time I will double the sauce and cook the apples til tender crunchy. I cooked the apples a little too long this time around. A great recipe!!"
"An absolutely delicious dish! I added onions and wow did that really make it complete. So simple yet tasty."
"This was really good and my whole family loved it. I didn't have any Granny Smith so I used red apples instead but that probably works better for my family. The combination of mustard, sugar, and apples was delicious with the chicken. Will definitely make this again."
"I made this recipe last night. I gave it a 4-star grade because I thought it was a little sweet for our taste. I used apples I had on hand, which were Delicious variety and this could have added to the sweet taste. I thought it was good otherwise and quick for a Tuesday night simple meal. I will make again and use a more tart Apple and cut back a little on the brown sugar."
"we both loved this! I was in a mood so I added some sliced onion and cayenne to the mix and deglazed the pan with a splash of white wine before adding the apple mix to the pan. the combo of sweet and hot was incredible and the spouse signaled 5 stars and 2 thumbs up. WOW!"
"This was really good. Even my husband Mr. Fuzzy liked it."