- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add apples, brown sugar and mustard to same pan; toss to combine. Cook, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir in chicken; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forApple-Mustard Chicken Tenders
"In a house with a few picky eaters this was considered a hit! I was told to keep it in my repertoire. I served it with mash, pumpkin and peas."
"My wife and I both loved this, the flavors were great, and it was quick to make. We added only a tiny amount of brown sugar, and three apples instead of two, honeycrisp instead of granny smith - still great. Make sure to turn the pan down a bit after finishing the chicken, I had it up a bit too high still and burnt a bit of the mustard. Went really well with plain rice."
"Very good and moist. It is a keeper."
"A great, simple and delicious recipe for any night of the week! We LOVE the apple-mustard combo. We served with roasted veggies and it was perfect. This would also be good with pork chops!"
"This is really good. I will be making this again. My mom who is a very picky eater would not even look up from her plate until she was done, then said 'Very Good!' It is sweet but not overly. I didn't have tenders so used legs and thighs cooked them through before finishing with the sauce and apples. Next time I will double the sauce and cook the apples til tender crunchy. I cooked the apples a little too long this time around. A great recipe!!"
"An absolutely delicious dish! I added onions and wow did that really make it complete. So simple yet tasty."
"This was really good and my whole family loved it. I didn't have any Granny Smith so I used red apples instead but that probably works better for my family. The combination of mustard, sugar, and apples was delicious with the chicken. Will definitely make this again."