Apple Luncheon Salad Recipe
Meet the Cook: Served with fresh bread, this makes a nice light meal. I've also used this recipe for entertaining, and it has always been a success at potluck dinners. While it's a delicious way to use up leftover beef, I sometimes serve it with cold ham and cheese instead. The parents of one son, my husband (a good cook who adds his input to my recipes) and I have two grandchildren. -Audrey Marsh, Arva, Ontario
- 3 cups diced apples
- 1 cup julienned cooked roast beef
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 2. Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve on lettuce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 196 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Apple Luncheon Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC