- 4 cups sliced pared tart apples (cut in eighths)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2-1/2 cups water
- Cream, ice cream or whipped cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine first six ingredients. Cover and simmer just until apples are tender. Using a slotted spoon, move apples into a bowl. Add tapioca and water to saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and clear. Pour over apples. Serve warm with cream or ice cream, or cold with whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forApple Honey Tapioca Pudding
"wow! what a awesome recipe!! we love apples and the honey added to contrast the apple was amazing! Deborah Pennington VFE Decatur Al."