Apple Ham Puffs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Beat in the eggs until smooth. Divide ham among six greased 10-oz. custard cups. Top with egg mixture.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the apples in butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon; cook until sugar is dissolved. Spoon into the center of each puff.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 479 calories, 33g fat (17g saturated fat), 383mg cholesterol, 969mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 8, 2014
I made these this morning. I added sage to the egg and ham mixture. My husband really enjoyed the saltiness of the ham and sweetness of the apples.
Apr 8, 2012
This is quick, easy, and tasty. And yes they forgot to tell you to mix in the cream with the egg mixture before baking
Apr 17, 2010
What about the whipping cream?
Jul 10, 2008
I am assuming the whipping cream is to be combined with the eggs. Is this correct or am I missing something here???
Mar 15, 2008
"The recipe for these individual apple-topped puffs is on a well-worn index card," writes Suzanne Sebaste of Lake Wylie, South Carolina. "It's a must for a special brunch."View this recipe now
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.