- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Beat in the eggs and cream until smooth. Divide the ham among six greased 10-oz. custard cups. Top with egg mixture. Bake at 450* for 15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the apples in butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon; cook until sugar is dissolved. Spoon into the center of each puff. Yield: 6 servings
Reviews forApple Ham Puffs
"I made these this morning. I added sage to the egg and ham mixture. My husband really enjoyed the saltiness of the ham and sweetness of the apples."
"What about the whipping cream?"
"I am assuming the whipping cream is to be combined with the eggs. Is this correct or am I missing something here???"
""The recipe for these individual apple-topped puffs is on a well-worn index card," writes Suzanne Sebaste of Lake Wylie, South Carolina. "It's a must for a special brunch."View this recipe now"