- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups cubed unpeeled apples
- 2 cups halved red seedless grapes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup walnut halves
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in water; bring to a boil. Cook and boil until mixture thickens. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, combine apples, grapes, celery and walnuts. Add the dressing and toss gently. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forApple Grape Salad
"I thought this was nasty. It tasted too floury. Everone said do not make this again. I followed recipe to a T."