"After a few chilly days hiking in the Adirondack Mountains, I got the idea for this recipe at a nearby diner, where they served an apple omelet. I added my own touches, and this is the result," writes Harry Renninger of Laplata, Maryland.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper; set aside. In another bowl, toss apple with lemon juice; set aside.
- In a 7-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in oil until tender. Remove and discard garlic. Reduce heat. Add egg mixture to skillet; sprinkle with apple and cheese. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Uncover; broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Gorgonzola Frittata in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p39
Reviews forApple Gorgonzola Frittata
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2009
""Discard garlic"???.....Sacrilege !!.....Blaspheme !!......heh heh"