Apple-Gorgonzola Endive Salad
Curly endive is slightly bitter, so it’s a good match for sweet, crunchy apples. The dressing recipe, which came from my grandmother, really pulls the salad all together. —Pat Ferjancsik, Santa Rosa, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium red apples, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 10 cups torn curly endive
- In a large bowl, whisk cream, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in apples and cheese. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Serve apple mixture over endive.
Oct 26, 2013
The Gorgonzola caught my eye so I had to try this. It was sweet and tangy and even better the second day for lunch. It was very "packable" for the lunch bag and very simple to make.