Apple-Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 medium Fuji apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Combine the apple, goat cheese, thyme, oregano and pepper; sprinkle over bread. Broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is softened.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 157 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 26, 2013
DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! And healthy. I cut the apples very small to help fit on bread. Have a little patience when stirring and placing mixture, it's sticky. I also added a little bit of sea salt. These went fast....huge hit.
Dec 23, 2011
Too bland for my taste.
Dec 8, 2010
I thought it was delicious. The fugi apples were a nice flavor that complemented the goat cheese. My girlfriend couldn't get enough of them and kept gobbling them up. My only tweak would be to cut the apples smaller and crumble the goat cheese some more. If it's too big it won't fit very easy on the bread. Overall I loved it. I definitely would make this again.
Oct 26, 2010
These are really good! I was actually a little scared to try it. They turned out so good though!
Oct 2, 2010
This is my favorite go to recipe. Quick and is a beautiful presentation.
Apr 19, 2010
Really nice flavor, I added a bit more goat cheese than the recipe called for as when I assembled the final products it looked like mostly apple. The flavors worked really well together. I also broiled it with the ingredients on for about three minutes, to properly warm the cheese and apples...
Aug 30, 2009
I LOVE IT!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.