- 1-1/8 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- Rub 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt jelly over low heat. Whisk in mustard and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Brush roast lightly with jelly mixture. Bake 60-75 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting once with jelly mixture. Let roast stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Stir drippings in pan to loosen browned bits. Pour into a measuring cup; skim fat. Stir the remaining jelly mixture, lemon juice, salt and pepper into drippings; heat through. Serve with the roast. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forApple-Glazed Pork Loin
"Haven't fixed it yet, but am confused on total cooking time. At top, it says; 1 hour plus standing. In the body of the recipe, it says 1 hour .....add glaze and cook for another 60-75 minutes. Which is it?"
"I followed directions, made no changes but wouldn't make this again. Entirely too sweet."
"Absolutely delicious! It's a big hit everyone keeps asking me to make this one. The only thing I did different is add a half cup of brown sugar."
" [quote user="tommytoe"]Sounds good except for the Dijon mustard. Wonder if regular yellow mustard would work.[/quote] i don't think plain yellow mustard would work- the dijion helps give it it's flavor but don't worry, if you don't like dijion, it's not an overwealming flavor in it.
"Sounds good except for the Dijon mustard. Wonder if regular yellow mustard would work."
"I've cooked alot of pork Loin, but this was the best ever! My husband couldn't stop going on and on about how juicy and tasty it was. He even noticed how pretty it was when it came out of the oven! My family couldn't get enough of it and the recipe will definitely be going at the top of my list of "make again dishes!""