- 6 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 3 lemon slices
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Tie legs of each hen together; tuck wings under hens. Place on a greased rack in a roasting pan. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and apple juice concentrate until smooth. Stir in the lemon slices and cinnamon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Spoon half of the glaze over the hens. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forApple-Glazed Cornish Hens
"Very tasty glaze! Cornish hens are very expensive where I live so when I tried this, I substituted skin-on chicken breasts and reduced cooking time."
"This is one of my absolute favorite ways to make cornish hens! I've made it for just my husband and I and guests and it's always gotten good reviews. It also smells wonderful while roasting!"