Apple Gingerbread Cobbler Recipe
"Nicely spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, this delicious cobbler is one of my family's favorites," writes Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. "It is easy to prepare...and the recipe has been in my family for years."
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda and ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the apples, water, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, beat the egg, sugar, buttermilk, molasses and oil. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, salt and nutmeg; stir into buttermilk mixture just until combined. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Pour apple mixture into 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread gingerbread mixture over apples. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the topping comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 247 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple Gingerbread Cobbler
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC