Apple Gingerbread Cake Recipe
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water and egg until combined. Add apple; stir to combine. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine pecans and brown sugar; sprinkle over the top.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 272 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple Gingerbread Cake
"This recipe sounds very good"
"5 Stars!Didn't have any apples on hand so used applesauce instead. Have also used canned apple pie filling. Nice and moist every time!I've added crushed cookies crumbs to the nut topping as well!"
"This was a very easy recipe to make. The only thing I did different was I doubled the brown sugar and pecans. I wanted more on the top. We will make this again."