Apple & Ginger Tossed Salad
Looking for an easy Thanksgiving salad that's full of flavor? This zippy medley combines crisp apples and crystallized ginger with leafy greens and crunchy pecans. —Lynnette Bradley, Riverbank, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes8 servings (2/3 cup dressing)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) Italian-blend salad greens
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, apple juice, sugar and vinegar until blended. In large bowl, combine salad greens, apples, pecans and ginger. Serve with dressing.
To Make Ahead: Dressing can be made a day in advance; cover and refrigerate.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as Apple & Ginger Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015