- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Place pie filling in a blender; cover and process until the apples are in 1/4-in. chunks. Pour into a mixing bowl; add dry cake mix and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forApple German Chocolate Cake
"use applesauce instead - make ahead , then freeze --- quick to thaw !!"
"Its moist, tastes great, and smells so good baking. Everyone loves it!"
"This was a great hit at our park "pot luck" - will make it again...soon - very moist and tasty! Thanks for sharing!"
"Very moist good cake. Great for picnics."