- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Mountain Dew soda
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Peel, core and cut each apple into eight wedges. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough; separate each into eight triangles. Wrap a triangle around each wedge. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, butter and cinnamon until blended; sprinkle over dumplings. Slowly pour soda around the rolls (do not stir).
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and apples are tender, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings
Reviews forApple Dumpling Bake
"This recipe is wonderful, but try it with peaches. I REALLY like it with peaches a lot better. Instead of Mountain Dew I use pineapple juice - gives it a better taste."
"Delicious, one of our favorites!"
"These are so easy and very, very delicious."
"I have been making these for years and never get tired of hearing compliments! If you use sugar free or diet soda, chances are your sauce will not thicken."
"I have made this recipe using regular or diet 7-Up and it works just as well---any type of lemon-lime soda will do."
"Really easy to make and delicious! I'll be making these again!"
"So easy! So delicious!"
"Wow, I can't get over how good this was. Super easy and delicious!"